Sunday 29 January 2012

Music to Chillax to on a Day of Rest . . .

Hey Guys
It's that awful day of the week again, 
the only good side is that it's meant to be a day of rest, 
the down side is . . . Work tomorrow . . . BIG sad face :((((((((((

So I thought i'd do a little blog about some of my fav (What I call Chilled) musicians & their music, it's a bit different to my other posts, in the fact that it's easy listening :)))
First & Last defo hold a place in my heart hehe

First up is the one & only Ed Sheeran 

Edward Christopher 'Ed' Sheeran is an English singer-songwriter who broke through commercially in June 2011 with his debut single 'The A Team'.
Flame haired singer/songwriter, beatboxer and guitarist Ed Sheeran's eclectic blend of acoustic pop, folk and hip hop has been championed by everyone from the underground grime scene to American Oscar winners. Born in Halifax, UK, in 1991, he released his first EP, The Orange Room, while still at school, by the age of 16. After moving to London to gain more live experience, his performance of the self-penned 'You Need Me, I don't Need You' on youtube channel SB.tv gained half a million viewers & attracted the attention of actor/R&B star Jamie Foxx, who invited him to appear on his Los Angeles Sirius radio show, Now Securing a deal with Elton Johns management company, he has supported Example on his UK tour & after signing with Atlantic Records, he became only the third artist to score a Top 75 album purely on download sales. He did his fair share of festivals last year, but the best one has to be when he performed on the Main Stage at a festival we have over here, not that big but not bad for an island that's 9 x 5 miles, lol, (& It's only cause I was there hehe, totally popped my festival cherry) & i'm glad I did, he was amazing, absolutely awesome . . . . Here's the link to JL . .











Second up is Lana Del Ray




Vocalist Lana Del Ray makes atmospheric, orchestral, retro-60's sounding pop that showcases her torchy image and sensuously husky singing voice. A native of Lake Placid, New York, she released the single 'Kill Kill' under her given name, Lizzy Grant in 2009, before re-vamping herself into the femme fatale that is 'Lana Del Ray'. When a video for the singe 'Vidoe Games' appeared online in August 2011, it received a considerable buzz, as did a secret show she did at Brooklyn's Grasslads Gallery that Septmeber, her EP feat the songs 'Video Games & 'Blue Jeans' was released fall 2011.










Third Up is Benjamin Francis Leftwich
Leftwich started playing at the age of 10 & grew up listening to 'The Rolling Stones' and 'Nina Simone' he later discovered 'Nick Drake', 'Bob Dylan' and 'Elliott Smith'. Citing 'Arcade Fire', 'Ryan Adams' and 'Bruce Springsteen' as his inspirations. 
His debut album, 'Last Smoke Before The Snowstorm' was released in July 2011. The fly called it 'A Majestic Debut' whilst The Sunday Times cited him as 'A serious new talent', some of his tracks include 'Atlas Hands' 'Pictures' 'Stole You Away'





The fourth & Final is Ray La Monatange xD

Raymond 'Ray Charles Jack LaMontagne was born 18th June 1973 & is a grammy award winning American Singer-songwriter. He has Released 4 studio albums, 'Trouble' Till the Sun Turns Black, Gossip in the Grain' and 'God Willin' & the Creek Don't Rise'. He was inspired to make music after hearing an album by Stephen Stills. Critics have compared his music to The Band, Van Morrison, Nick Drake and Time Buckley.
He bgan performing in 1999 & is still going strong with a big list of tracks to his name, I love listening to his album & chilling, he's great & his voice is just amazing, possibly because he has a unique vocal style, whish he says is created by singing through his gut instead of his nose.





I know this is a cover, but I love it sooooo much
way better than the original xD


Hope you all enjoy it peeps ^_^


Happy Sunday x x

32 comments:

  1. good post for me today i need to relax grr! have a more relaxing day than me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice songs, especially the Crazy cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Crazy cover, his voice matches it so well :)

      Delete
  3. love ray la montagne. i have to say, i like 'video games', but lana del ray's performance on saturday night live was pretty awful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only found him about 3 years ago, but i'm so glad I did, he is just amazing & didn't see her on that, but I did hear she wasn't great.

      Delete
  4. I thought i was the only one who used the word "chillax"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No no no, I use it too hehe, it's a great word lol

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Great isn't it, could listen to that on repeat . . . Oh wait, I just did hehe

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Trouble is such a great tune, then again all his songs are great really :))

      Delete
  7. Hello! Interesting blog...Thank You very much for visit! If You want we can follow each our blogs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, not a problem & yeah, let's do the following thing :))

      Delete
  8. I swear our taste in music is identicle! Love all of the above!
    Frank Ocean is awesome to relax to, especially 'Thinking bout you' and 'Swimgood'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww is it? I've not heard that tune, i'll have to go & check it out, thanks for the heads up :)))

      Delete
  9. Sometimes, I like to pour Vaseline all over my body and pretend I'm a Snail.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. Realy, she's not for everyone i guess lol

      Delete
  11. I caught Ed Sheeran at Glastonbury last year...great set

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's amazing live hey, I sooo want to see him again

      Delete
  12. I like the laid back style of these tunes. Seems so many music blogs focus on the loud and heavy stuff nowadays. Ack... work tomorrow. Least my birthday today was on a Sunday. Got to sleep in and relax all day. Funny how 25 kindergartners can stress you out, lol. You'd think its fun and games all day. Well I guess it is for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I have done loud & fast stuff before, but sundays are what it's all about, nice quiet, chill time & a Very Happy Birthday for yesterday :)) Hope you had a great day

      Delete
  13. Awesome post! I think "Trouble" was my favorite out of all of them. I also hate that I have to go to work tomorrow. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you :))) & Trouble is amazing hey, got a lot of love for that tune and him lol

      Delete
  14. Thank you soo much for posting these. I love finding great music I haven't heard before. I'm especially loving the Lana del Rey stuff XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that's no problem, it'a always good to find new music, i'm always on the look out :)) Glad you liked them ^^

      Delete