Tuesday 31 January 2012

City and Colour

More new music for you guys, well I say new, 
you lot might have heard of him before,
 I found Dallas Green last summer, and downloaded his third album 
straight away.

The band is called 'City in Colour' it's the recording alis for Juno award winning Canadian sing songwriter, Dallas Green, who was the guitarist and vocalist of the post hardcore band 'Alexisonfire'.He plays melodic acoustic and folk music, & is often accompanied by a roatating number of Canadian indie rock musicians, such as Daniel Romano and Spencer Burtin of 'Attack in Black'

The name 'City in Colour' comes from his own name: 
Dallas (a city) and Green (a colour), 
that's quite a cool way of naming a band don't ya think?

He said that he has been writing material since he was around the age of 14. Regarding the songs on his first album, 'Sometimes' Green said that he had been also writing material for when he was 16, and finishing writing the songs in 2005.

He has released 3 albums,
 'Sometimes' (2005-2007) - Bring Me Your Love (2008-2009) - Little Hell (2010)

Green began releasing City and Colour songs on the Internet for fans to download, Eventually, compiling & re-writing several of these songs to make his first album, This was released on November 1st 2005, and had good reviews, discribed by one as 'Dynamically Gentle & Vulnerable'

Bring me your Love, was released on February 12th 2008 and features a whole array of instruments not used on his previous recordings, (such as harmonica, banjo, drums & lap steel) thus giving it a more folk influenced sound.

Little Hell is the third album & was released in June 7th 2011,
On May 31st 2011, a week before the release, the album was streamed for free through the websites of MTV and MuchMusic for Canadian residents. 
The Album debuted at No1 on the Canadian Album charts, 
selling over 20,000 copies in the first week.

This album is a must, I love it 
in true Dani fashion, here's a few tracks from it, 

Enjoy Guys ^_^




13 comments:

  1. Never heard of this guy before, great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for introducing me to another new artist! Well, new to me anyway. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, you're very welcome, there'll more like this coming up, so maybe you'll find a few more :)

      Delete
  3. Oui, can we talk about the color scheme for just one second? purple on black? I cannot say my old hippy eyes are even trying to read this. I have to highlight just to get some contrast going here. Don't make this harder than it needs to be, I just saying it's starting to look a little highschoolers myspace up in here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, dig Dani day, my blogs been like this since i started a month ago, I like it, it goes with my background & there's reasoning behind it too, my eyes aren't great either & I find purple on black easier on them than glaring white on black, & highschool myspace . . . Awesome, cause that's knocked a few years off me, cheers :)

      Delete
  4. "Alexisonfire" what a strange band name

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, it could be taken 2 ways though . . . 'Alex is on fire' or Alexis on fire' either way it's pretty random hehe

      Delete
  5. Never heard these ones before, not bad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Oh but of course . . . id you expect any less??? ;p

      Delete