Friday 27 January 2012

The Prodigy . . .

Here's another for ya . . . Just Cause ^_^

I love these guys so so much, have all their albums
& have been following them since I can remember.
The Prodigy

The Prodigy first emerged on the underground rave scene in the early 90s, 
the band was put together by Liam Howlett & they are an English electronic dance music group & have since then achieved mega mega popularity & are worldwide renown
Along with The Chemical Brothers (Much Love for these guys too), Fatboy Slim & other acts, they have been credited as pioneers of the Big Beat Genre, which hit the dance floors or should I say illegal field raves in the 1990s & 2000s 
(Best years of my life musically hehe, 
although I can't really remember much ^_^)

They have sold over 25 million records worldwide . . . Amazing yeah.

The groups brand of music makes use of various styles, ranging from Rave, Hardcore Techno, Industrial and Breakbeat, that swa in early 90's then moved onto electronic rock with punk vocal elements in later years, basically, these boys can turn their hands to any music genre . . . & Blow your socks off.

The current members are:-


Liam Howlett 
(Keyboardist & Composer)







Keith Flint 
(Dancer & Vocalist)








Maxim Reality
(MC & Vocalist)





Past Members are:-




Leeroy Thornhill 
(Dancer & occasional live keyboardist) 
Who is no longer with them, 
he was in the band from 1990 - 2000.






Sharky 
(Female Dancer & Vocalist)
But she left the group in their early years.






Their albums are:-
Experience (1992)
Music for the Jilted Generation (1994) (Awesome album)
The Fat of the Land (1997)
Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned (2004)
Invaders Must Die (2009)

Once again, me being me
Here's a few Vids for ya hehehe ^_^


I got the Poison, I got the Remedy
Magic People, Vodoo People


Breath the Pressure, Come Play my game i'll test ya




18 comments:

  1. Warriors dance is epic.
    'Smack my bitch up' is my favourite thing to give people when laying charades :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it is :))) & love that charades too, might have to try that next time I play it, always used to have Smack my Bitch up on the jukebox in the pub when used to play killer pool :))) My signature tune lol.

      Delete
  2. They have their moments. I mostly like firestarter back in my teenage angst years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's a cool track, I can understand that :)

      Delete
  3. They're at download this year, which i am going too... Should be an epic event :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know they are, so is Chase & Status, Metallica, Black Sabbath & lastly Tenacious D (EPIC) hehe, still not decided if I'm gonna go with a couple of mates yet ^_^

      Delete
    2. Im most looking forward to Black Sabbath! Maybe see you there then ;)

      Delete
    3. Sabbath will be great ^_^ & yeah, have to have a mosh hehehehe xD

      Delete
  4. Used to listen to these guys all the time.

    probably my favourite song from them is omen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally wore out my cd's hehe & I think my fav is Voodoo People :)))

      Delete
  5. Love Prodigy.. most energetic live show I've seen /fistpump

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! You know your shit, girl!

    It seems my blog has disappered, but I just moved it onto my other e mail. If you click n my name you will find it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heyyyyy, Good to hear from ya, I tried to click on you before & you're right you had gone, couldn't find ya, but I've got you now, no worries hehe
      & I know my shit about certain things, mainly music, cause I love it all so much hehe :)

      Delete
  7. I honestly hadn't thought of The Prodigy in years. They are crazy good at what they do. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, I was sorting through my music and came across some albums, then thought . . . That's blog material right there :))) No probs for the reminder

      Delete